Sunday 27 April 2014

Pizza Express Visit April 2014

I've only ever eaten at Pizza Express once before and it was previous to eating Wheat Free as well as Dairy and Egg free. The menu seemed abit cheese laden (as expected at an Italian) so I never returned.

I'd noticed they had released (a while ago) a Gluten Free base which is also Dairy Free and Egg Free, great, and in their new menu is a Vegan pizza called Pianta. It has no cheese which is fab and is topped with spinach, chestnut mushrooms, artichoke, pine nuts, arribbiata sauce and lots of fresh rocket. 

Yesterday I gave it a try at Pizza Express Meadowhall. It was easy to order, just asking for it on the GF base and it came  quickly. I really liked the base, not hard or dry like some can be. The toppings were really tasty together and I didn't feel like it needed any cheese. My husband finished off what I couldn't eat and he actually liked it more than his "normal" pizza. 

I'd definetly have it again. It was actually really nice to be able to order a safe pizza in a sit down restaurant. They have GF items marked on their menu and a great allergy chart online to check other allergens. Thumbs up to Pizza Express.

No comments:

Post a Comment