Friday 23 January 2015

Fishy Friday - The Jolly Fryer

There are lots of Fish & Chip shops in my area but finding one that sellings Dairy & Gluten Free Fish & Chips is like finding a needle in a haystack. I have noticed that on the few occasions I've had Fish & Chips in other places they haven't been clearly advertised, it's taken googling and research to find out about them. I'd love a lot more shops to advertise that they can safely cook for special diets. Just a little notice in the window would be a good start.

Anyway, I'd heard great things about a Fish & Chip shop in the next town that has great reviews and a massive local following. After browsing their Facebook page I noticed a few comments about gluten free Fish & Chips. Excitement set in. My husband was passing through the area so decided to pop in for our Friday tea. He's heard me ask all the questions before and I'm very proud that he asked about ingredients etc and even got shown the batter mix packaging (although couldn't remember the brand). He also noticed the great care that was taken to use separate utensils etc. He was impressed. I got home from work and was welcomed by the famous "whale" & chips. It was the biggest fish I have ever seen. It was coated in a lovely light crispy batter and the fish was succulent with big white flakes. The chips were really good too. It's so nice to be able to have a safe takeaway that other people just take for granted. Yum!


If you are ever in the area I'd highly recommend the Jolly Fryer - Kirkby in Ashfied. The owner has a real passion for great fish & chips and Its amazing that he's catering for special diets too. Big thumbs up!

Just to show the Jolly Fryer is consistently very good, we've been a few more times!
Valentine's Day Fish & Chips 

Monday night treat 

Saturday we decided to treat ourselves to a chippy lunch. Knowing it would be busy on a Saturday I called to order my fish & chips. Before I knew it I was being talked into a GF DF sausage. How could I turn down a chip shop sausage. Add it to the order! Theo the owner read out the ingredients to me to double check which was great. As we walked through the door it was being bagged up. The sausage was just how I remembered them. Yum! I think next time I'll ask for it to be battered too. Everything was so good. 


Enjoying a whale & chips in the sun today. 


Best Fish & Chips in the area!

No comments:

Post a Comment