Tuesday 29 July 2014

Chorizo & Spinach Pasta

If I'm not following one of my favourite recipe books I'm throwing stuff in to a pan and whipping up my own creations. I'm no professional but I never hear my husband complain about my food so that's all that matters.

I wanted to try out my new pasta that I got from the Allergy Show. It is by a new company called Feel Free. They have four different pastas; Penne, Spaghetti, Fusilli and Alphabet Shapes. They are made of 100% corn giving them a lovely golden colour and a nice firm texture. 

Here's the recipe I created:

Ingredients:
225g Chorizo (lots contain milk so be careful)
1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 Small Courgette
1 Teaspoon light brown sugar
1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
2 Handfuls Spinach
200g Pasta
Pepper

Remove the skin from the chorizo and chop into half moons. Fry off in a dry frying pan. Once most of the oil has come out of the chorizo drain it from the pan. 

Next grate the courgette and add to the chorizo. Fry off for a few minutes. 

Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and half a tin of water. Stir in the light brown sugar and the smoked paprika. Simmer for approx 20 mins. If the sauce starts to dry out add small amounts of water to loosen.

Whilst the sauce is cooking boil a large pan of water and add the pasta. 

When the pasta is cooked drain well and add to the pan with the sauce. At this point fold in the spinach until wilted. Add pepper to taste.

Serve with some crusty white bread (I used Luce's bread mix) to mop up the juices. 


No comments:

Post a Comment