Tuesday 8 July 2014

Luce's Artisan Bread Mix

I was flicking through Instagram, like you do, when I spotted a photo that Sarah (@gfdf_wdw) had posted of a Gluten Free Artisan Bread Mix. After a few tweets she declared that the mix was amazing and even her non gf relatives loved it. I really liked the sound of homemade fresh bread.

The bread mix is made by Luce's of New Jersey, USA. Charles Luce (@breadnmorels) quickly tweeted me to say that their European supplier is Freego (see my previous post). I was on the website straight away to place an order. 

They stock three different mixes on the Freego website. New Italian, Sourdough and Bold Buckwheat. All the mixes are Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy and Nut Free. 

When my mixes arrived I could wait to try one. As I was cooking a pasta dish for our tea I decided to try the New Italian.


In the package are a few items you need to make your bread. You receive a bag of the bread mix, a smaller bag of rice flour for dusting, a parchment base and a baking bag. There is also a sheet of easy to follow instructions. The only extras you'll need is a bowl, spoon and water.

Basically all you need to do is add water! Amazing! 

I found it really easy to follow the instructions and mix the bread. Once mixed it was spread on the baking sheet and placed in the oven inside the magic baking bag.

85 mins later I had a fantastic looking loaf. It smelt just like real bread and looked just like real bread. It had a really tasty crust and a softer inside which reminded me of ciabatta but tastier. 


I was actually amazed at how good it was to say all I did was add water. It was delicious served with pasta to mop up the sauce. I've also been cutting slices and eating it on its own with dairy free spread. Mmmmm.

  Huge thumbs up to Luce's. I look forward to trying the other mixes now and I'll 100% be buying more in future. You can read more about the company HERE 
Thank you to Sarah for recommending them!

No comments:

Post a Comment