Wednesday 18 June 2014

Tesco - The Lifestyle Food Fair


I'd not planned on doing any other blogs until my USA posts had finished but I don't want people to miss out on the fantastic thing that is the Tesco Lifestyle Food Fair.

It took me by surprise yesterday as I only found out about it because I was looking for a product that was being stocked only in certain Tesco stores. 

I'd seen BFree tweet that they were stocking more of their range in certain Tesco stores around the UK. I love the BFree wraps and I'd seen that they also did bagels that were dairy, gluten and egg free. Their other items (except the wraps) contain eggs so no good for me. The thought of a toasted bagel made me want to hunt them down.

The closest Tesco stocking the new products to me was the a Tesco Extra in Chesterfield, Derbyshire. Off I went. It's a bit of a drive away and not my usual branch so I wasn't used to its lay out.  On spotting a FreeFrom sign on one of the aisles I headed over. Much to my surprise (with slight shock) and then excitement I realised that the whole aisle was filled with freefrom food. Even more to my surprise there were brands that I'd been buying in the usa which I've never seen stocked in the uk.

I found myself stood in front of shelves containing Enjoy Life products, these are free from the top 8 allergens and very popular in the usa. On another section were Earth Balance products, again very popular in the usa for vegans and gluten free. Unfortunately none of my beloved cheesy puffs on the shelves but seeing those brands made me happy enough. 

It turns out that from 2nd June 2014 to 31st August 2014 The Lifestyle Food Fair has been launched in 77 stores across the UK. I was lucky to find this just because I was searching for bagels. The aisle was full of different brands and products. I'd never seen so much freefrom food in a UK supermarket. It really was exciting. It looked like they were still waiting for some of the stock to come in as there were some empty spaces with labels but non the less it was an epic selection. 

I just hope it proves popular and they decide to keep all the brands permanently. It would be horrible to enjoy all these amazing choices and then have it taken away from us. 

Please comment below if a Tesco in your area is taking part to help others locate and spread the word.

 Just I case you were wondering I found the BFree bagels and they are bloomin fantastic. They are so like the real thing, you would not tell the difference!

Hope you find one of these Tesco stores and enjoy!!

Enjoy Life Selection with places for more!
Earth Balance Selection again with places for more

My goodies 
half way down the aisle

No comments:

Post a Comment