Monday 1 June 2015

Downtown Disney 2015 Eats!

Our first full day on holiday in Florida is always pretty chilled. For the last few years we've had a walk around Downtown Disney and had lunch at one of our favorite places. 

Our chosen place for lunch was Cookes of Dublin which is the Fish & Chip Shop next to the Irish restaurant Raglan Road. After visiting Raglan Road last year I became addicted to their deep fried scallops with sweet chilli jam, to the point that I even make them at home now. Last year Cookes of Dublin did sell the scallops to take away but this year they had been taken off the menu (sob), but fear not they still have plenty of other delicious Gluten, Dairy and Egg free options. I chose the deep fried shrimp (prawns) which are served with chips. They were pretty darn good, I really enjoyed them.


Downtown Disney is also home to the amazing Gluten Free & Vegan Bakery which used to be known as Babycakes. It's now called Erin Mckennas Bakery and opened this year in a brand new store to fit in with the Disney Springs refurbishment.



After lunch we went round the corner to Erin McKennas Bakery. It's free from heaven. They had lots of choice including cupcakes, donuts, tea cakes, brownies, cookies and even savoury treats such as Foccacia. I now have to avoid the cupcakes as the frosting contains coconut milk which I can no longer tolerate but my favourite items are the donuts. 




I picked the Salted Caramel (caramel contains coconut milk I later found out), Cookies & Cream, Coffee Crunch and a slice of Cinnamon Toastie with blueberries. They were all delicious but I especially enjoyed the coffee crunch and the cinnamon toastie. Yum!



The shop also sells a small amount of merchandise including her new Bread & Butter book. This shop is a must if you are in Orlando and need a sweet treat. Some products are also sold in some Disney resorts and you can place orders for celebration cakes and deliveries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment